Saturday, March 3, 2012

CONDITIONALS




Conditionals:


1. Which tenses are used in the firs conditionals? Write an example about it.

SIMPLE PRESENT AND SIMPLE FUTURE

EX:
·         If he is busy now, I will come back tomorrow.
·         If I have time, I'll visit my parents this afternoon.

2. What is the characteristic of the first conditional?

We use the first conditional when express a real or possible situation

3. Which tenses are used in the second conditional? Write an example about it.
We use the second conditional when we are talking about improbable or unreal situations
 (Simple Past + (Would/ Could/ Should/ Might) + Base Verb.)
EX:
·         If he were in my place, he wouldn't do this.
·         If I had more money, I would buy a nice apartment.

4. The pronoun / comes with the verb to be in the second conditional in which form?
 We can’t use comes in the second conditional, because the function of the S in the verb it’s replaced for the modal verb.
5.   Which tenses are used in the third conditional?
  if + past perfect + conditional perfect.




No comments:

Post a Comment